Former S.F. Supervisor Loses Roommate, Home in Fire
Former San Francisco Supervisor Christina Olague is homeless after a Dec. 25 three-alarm fire destroyed the house she was living in and left one of its occupants, Randy David Sapp, critically injured. Sapp died the following day.
According to a page on the fundraising site WePay, Olague was not injured in the fire, but lost everything. The page says Olague’s friends are organizing a fundraiser co-hosted by Supervisors David Campos, Jane Kim and Eric Mar, among others. From the page:
She obviously needs our support and friendship at this time in multiple ways, but is still in too much shock to ask for it. … After a long discussion, she agreed to let people know this happened, and at my urging accepted that she needs financial assistance as well with getting a new apartment and getting back on her feet again.
The site had collected $4,970 from 73 donors as of this afternoon.
Olague was appointed to the Board of Supervisors to represent District 5 after then-Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi was elected as San Francisco’s sheriff. She took office in January 2012, but lost her election bid to London Breed in November.
Sapp’s partner Patrick Ferry also survived the blaze, but suffered severe burns to his hands. Ferry and Sapp had spent the past few years restoring the Victorian home on Baker Street in San Francisco.Related