Video: Author Seth Mnookin’s “The Panic Virus” Debunks Autism Link to Vaccines
Journalist Seth Mnookin, author of the book The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear
was on Forum today, talking about and debunking the link between autism and vaccines.
The topic is of special interest in the Bay Area because Marin County has become a hotbed of anti-vaccine activity. “Marin County…has the nation’s fifth-highest average per capita income—and an exemption rate more than three times the rest of the state,” Mnookin writes in a recent Newsweek piece.
After his interview, we caught up with him in our green room and asked him a couple of follow-ups:
Listen to the full hour with Seth Mnookin on Forum:
And if you think this isn’t a hot topic, take a look at the back-and-forth on the Forum message board…
- Autism and the Affluent (Seth Mnookin, Newsweek)
- Talk of the Nation: Vaccine Researcher Paul Offit on the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Vaccines and Autism (BabyCenter)
- Generation Rescue – Anti-vaccine activist Jenny McCarthy’s group
- Jenny McCarthy’s autism fight grows more misguided (Salon)
- QUEST: Searching for Autism Causes