- Oakland North examines Oakland Unified School District's school selection process, called OUSD Options.
- From Monthly Review, David Bacon explains why you haven't heard his labor show on KPFA the past five weeks.
- Total lunar eclipse Monday night, our friends at Quest report:
Though a total lunar eclipse is a rare event to see, this one is rarer still--not the least reason being that for the Western US it will be one of the highest lunar eclipses you can see, with the Moon reaching its apex for the night over 75 degrees from the horizon (practically overhead) close to mid-totality. For our latitudes in the Bay Area, the Moon can't get much higher than that. So, we get High Moon when the eclipse is at its best (weather permitting).
Minus the werewolf factor, sounds great...
- Weather got you down? A glimpse of the Doggie Diner Head should pick you right up...
- Edd Ringlein on Will Locals Keep Paying for State Parks They Saved?
- ancientWisdom2 on Meet the Man Who Has Lived Rent-Free Near Sausalito for 50 Years ... On an Illegal Boat
- Paul Ieronimo on Proposed California Gun Laws Aim at Safe Storage
- JSebastian on Tough Laws Do Little to Slow California Gun Rush
- MendoChuck on Proposed California Gun Laws Aim at Safe Storage
- Bay Area Wins Bid to Host 50th Super Bowl
- KQED Joins SFMOMA for the Museum’s Countdown Celebration
- San Francisco Online Rental Company Airbnb Suffers New York Setback
- Vertical ‘Pinkhouses:’ The Future Of Urban Farming?
- Why We Can’t Stop Listening to Deerhunter’s “Monomania”
- Art Review: Mills College MFA Exhibition, a 'Compound Vision'
- Bay Area Awarded Super Bowl in 2016
- Jeremy Affeldt: Life, Justice and Major League Baseball
- Poverty Rates Soar in Bay Area Suburbs
- Yahoo Acquires Tumblr
Search this blog
- Animals and Wildlife
- Arts and Entertainment
- Blog Beat
- Business and Finance
- California History
- Central Valley
- Criminal Justice
- Disability Issues
- Drug Policy
- Federal Government
- Fill in the Blank
- Gender Issues
- Gun Issues
- Human Rights
- Law Enforcement
- Morning Splash
- Native American Issues
- Natural Disasters
- Night life
- Pension Reform
- Poverty Issues
- Public Insight Network Stories
- Quotes of the Day
- Racial Issues
- Real Estate
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Santa Cruz
- State Budget
- Wednesday Weeklies
Follow KQED News on Facebook
Connect with KQED News on Twitter
About the Blogger