TEDxSFED: Re-imagine Education
I’m excited about the upcoming TEDxSF-ED event on April 9. That’s when big thinkers and innovators will come together to re-imagine education both in and out of the classroom.
The theme is mashEDup and will highlight new and different approaches to learning.
The lineup of speakers is impressive:
- DALE DOUGHERTY, founder of Make magazine and the creator of Maker Faire.
- TONY DEROSE, Senior Scientist and lead of the Research Group at Pixar Animation Studios.
- SANDY SPEICHER, IDEO’s Design for Learning domain, which brings human-centered thinking to systemic challenges in education (and author of the popular MindShift post “The School Day of the Future is DESIGNED).”
- VICTOR DIAZ, Founder and President of the Board of REALM Charter Schools.
- DAVID ORPHAL, history teacher for the past 15 years for 7th to 12th grade students.
- ESTHER COOK, Chef Teacher in the Edible Schoolyard kitchen since its inception in 1997.
- SUSAN STAUTER, the Artistic Director for the San Francisco Unified School District.
- KAREN BROWN, creative director of the Center for Ecoliteracy.
- BETSY CORCORAN, co-founder of EdSurge, an educational newsletter and former Executive Editor for technology coverage at Forbes magazine and Forbes.com.
- GEORGE WATSKY, writer and performer from San Francisco now based in Los Angeles.
Register for the event and grab your tickets before they sell out!Related