Science Educators: Participate in our Online Focus Group!
KQED Education is looking for science educators to participate in a study of our online professional development materials. These online training modules are designed to teach educators how to use and create media in their secondary science classrooms. We would like to refine and expand these online training offerings, and need your feedback to do so!
Who are we looking for?
Middle and high school science teachers, after school/informal STEM/science educators, and homeschool educators interested in using and creating media in the classroom.
Prior experience creating media is not necessary, but it is recommended that you have some experience with the following skills:
- save, copy, manipulate and move files and folders
- move text and graphics between applications, play audio and video in a multimedia player
- download and upload files (documents, photos, video) from and to websites
- manipulate photos from a digital camera (save on computer, use basic photo editing to crop, correct brightness)
- scan and save documents as images
What will participation require?
Participants will be asked to do two activities:
- complete an online training module at home (approx. 4 hours) which will need to be completed on your own time August 7-13
- participate in a virtual/online focus group from your home (approx. 1 hour). These groups will be scheduled to take place August 14-18
What will participants receive?
In addition to receiving free online training, participants who complete the study will be awarded a $50 gift card.
How can you participate?
We have room for 16 participants in this pilot study and we want to get feedback from a variety of science educators. If you are interested, please fill out this brief questionnaire.
Participants will be selected on August 7, so please fill out the questionnaire as soon as possible! In case you are not selected for this round, you may indicate your interest in participating in future KQED Education studies at the end of the questionnaire.
All responses will be confidential and used only for research purposes. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone outside the research team. Please contact Elizabeth Bandy with any questions.