Recipe Name: Insalata Rivera
Recipe Chef: Raul Aguirre
Type of Cuisine: Italian
Food Category: Appetizer
A refreshing appetizer to open up the taste buds and prepare the stomach for the meal ahead.
3 ears of medium yellow corn
1/2 lb. wild arugula
16 kalamata olives
Juice of one lemon
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Grill the corn and remove the kernels.
2. Combine the corn, arugula, and olives in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper, and whisk vigorously.
4. Add the dressing to the corn, arugula, and olives, and toss until evenly coated.
5. Divide the salad among four plates, and finish with the shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Prosecco di Valdobbiadene or Vermentino di Sardegna