Recipe Chef: Kim Levin
Recipe Name: Chocolate Biscotti
Type of Cuisine: Italian
Food Category: Dessert
Lightly sweet chocolate chip and hazelnut biscotti
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cups granulated sugar
5 teaspoon ground espresso
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups toasted hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. In a large bowl, sift first six dry ingredients together and set them aside.
2. In a new bowl whisk eggs and vanilla extract together and then pour into sifted ingredients. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Stir until combined.
3. Turn the batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and form it into two separate logs, making them long and flat.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top does not yield to pressure when touched. Lower the oven temperature to 225°.
5. Allow the dough to cool before slicing it into thin cookies with a SHARP bread knife. Put the cookies on another parchment-lined sheet and bake for another 20 minutes until the biscotti are dried out and crisp.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Because this biscotti is not overly sweet, it pairs well with coffee drinks for dipping, as well as any dessert wine or even a glass of bubbly Prosecco