For some reason, sometime around September, I stop eating salads. I have it in my head that they are a summer thing. Why? I do not know. So I promised myself, that this year, I would enjoy salads throughout the year. Here is my first one–I’m a little late. But that is okay, this roasted persimmon salad is worth waiting for!
Recipe: Roasted Persimmon & Brie Salad
- 2 fuyu persimmons
- 1 ounce brie, preferably triple cream
- 1 serving of mixed greens
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Trim, quarter and remove the seeds from the persimmons.
2. Place the persimmons on a baking sheet, and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning them over at half time.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the mixed greens, pine nuts and olive oil. You want just enough oil to lightly coat the leaves. Add the salt and pepper and toss the salad.
4. Remove the persimmons from the oven when done — they should be slightly browned but still firm. Let them cool a bit.
5. Plate the greens with the brie and top the salad with the roasted persimmons.Related