State of Health editor Lisa Aliferis talked with KQED Newsroom’s Thuy Vu about the upcoming enrollment deadline. People who want health insurance that starts Jan. 1 need to enroll by 11:59pm Mon. Dec. 23.
Six safety-net hospitals owned by the Daughters of Charity Health System — four in the Bay Area and two in Los Angeles — are for sale. The company says it’s out of money and needs another organization to take over. … Read More
- Two California Counties Sue Narcotics Makers in Deceptive Marketing
- Two Different Reactions to Obamacare
Some enrollees who get their health insurance through Covered California, the state’s Obamacare exchange, will be getting notices in the next few weeks requesting evidence that they are lawfully in the country. Yesterday, many news outlets reported on the Obama administration’s announcement that it was sending … Read More
- Obamacare: With One-Third of Californians Now on Medi-Cal, Can State Manage?
- On California Exchange, Only Kaiser's Rates Will Go Down in 2015
By Stephanie O’Neill, NPR Despite a surge in enrollment in the two weeks before the April 15 deadline to enroll for health insurance under the federal health law, many more Californians still haven’t signed up, and they’re unlikely to. Many people … Read More
- Oakland Schools Help Parents Sign Up for Covered California
- Anthem Blue Cross, Kaiser Extend Deadline to Pay Insurance Premiums
By Anna Gorman, Kaiser Health News California is coming face to face with the reality of one of its biggest Obamacare successes: the explosion in Medi-Cal enrollment. The numbers — 2.2 million enrollees since January — surprised health care experts and … Read More
- Signing up the Homeless, One at a Time
- Just Over 500,000 People Enrolled in Covered California in 2013 -- Some Report Problems
As all the other health insurers on California’s Obamacare exchange raise their rates for next year, Kaiser Permanente plans to lower them. The Los Angeles Times reports that a new analysis by Citigroup shows Kaiser’s premiums dropping by 1.4 percent … Read More
- California's 2015 Obamacare Premiums Will Increase Modestly
- Survey: 3 Million Californians Newly Insured Under Obamacare