Video of March on Washington Speeches: Obama, Clinton, Oprah
Update: Here is a transcript of President Obama’s speech at the 50th anniversary commemoration of the March on Washington. Video replays of today’s speeches below.
Also still going on, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the march, WGBH in Boston is broadcasting its original coverage of the event. From the station:
The coverage began at 9am and continued for 15 uninterrupted hours (until midnight), and was heard live on WGBH; a member of the network and an active participant in the broadcast. Only WGBH retained the original broadcast materials, and we are proud to present them here — unedited and in real-time — on this milestone anniversary of the March On Washington.
You can listen to the webcast in progress here or by clicking on the image below.
And because it’s always worth watching, no matter how many times you’ve seen it before, here is Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous “I Have a Dream” speech, in full.
More on the March …
- Washington Post: Live updates
- 9 things about Martin Luther King Jr’s speech and the March on Washington (CNN)
- The Lasting Power of Dr. King’s Dream Speech (Michiko Kakutani, NY Times)
- NPR: The March on Washington at 50
- How the media covered the 1963 march (Al Sharpton, MSNBC)
- The Dark Side of “I Have a Dream”: The FBI’s War on Martin Luther King (Mother Jones)