Breakfast Blend: Citizen Scientists Collaborate and Innovate with DIYbio
Rachael Myrow here, host of the California Report, with a handful of links to cool and/or important stories outside the Bay Area local readers should check out.
- Homeless make up growing number of California welfare recipients (Los Angeles Times)
- Young U.S. Citizens in Mexico Up Early to Learn in the U.S. (New York Times)
- For Bio-Hackers, Lab Work Often Begins at Home (New York Times)
- Investors and a California University Team Up to Start a Bilingual College (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- DOE Makes Development Deal with OriginOil (Los Angeles Business Journal)
Category: Business and Finance, Demographics, Economics, Education, Energy, Environment, Federal Government, Gender Issues, Government, Health, Human Rights, Poverty Issues, San Francisco, State Budget, Tech