San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose Holiday Schedule, Parking
- Parking meters, street sweeping, commuter tow away, and residential parking permits will not be enforced Monday, Dec 26. But on Port of San Francisco property, you will have to feed the meters as usual.
- Muni will operate on a normal weekday schedule.
- Transit updates from SFMTA
City offices will observe the Christmas holiday on Monday, December 26.
From the city administrator’s office:
“The City of Oakland administrative offices will be closed between Monday, December 26 and Monday, January 2 for a combination of City holidays and business closure days as a result of budget cutbacks.”
● Saturday, December 24 is a Parking “Holiday.” Parking at all parking meters will be free for the posted period of time (30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours). The free parking “holiday” applies to both standard meters and the parking kiosks that are located in many commercial districts. Standard parking rules and time limits apply – if shoppers need additional parking time, they will need to move their car. The City will be monitoring parked cars on a regular basis.
● December 25 and 26, and January 1 and 2 are parking holidays during which motorists do not need to pay for parking at City meters.
● Regular enforcement will occur throughout the City for all parking violations on December 27 – 31.
All libraries will also be closed Dec 24 through Jan 2. More info on city services during the holidays here (pdf).
From the City of San Jose:
“San José City Hall and other City offices will close on Friday, December 23, 2011 through Monday, January 2, 2012 for the holiday furlough.”