Employee Ratings Show Top Companies to Work At in Bay Area
Here’s something you probably didn’t need to have reinforced for the 7,000th time as you surreptitiously update your resume on your cruddy work computer: Facebook, Google, and Apple are dynamite places to be employed.
That’s according to this year’s Glassdoor.com ratings, provided by actual employees. The web site has published the top 50; here are the Bay Area employers that made the list:
- Facebook (Rank: 3, Rating: 4.3, HQ: Palo Alto, CA)
- Google (Rank: 5, Rating: 4.0, HQ: Mountain View, CA)
- Apple (Rank: 10, Rating: 3.9, HQ: Cupertino, CA)
- Salesforce.com (Rank: 13, Rating: 3.9, HQ: San Francisco, CA)
- Chevron (Rank: 16, Rating: 3.8, HQ: San Ramon, CA)
- NetApp (Rank: 30, Rating: 3.7, HQ: Sunnyvale, CA)
- Intel Corporation (Rank: 32, Rating: 3.6, HQ: Santa Clara, CA)
- Sephora USA (Rank: 39, Rating: 3.6, HQ: San Francisco, CA)
- Intuit (Rank 42, Rating: 3.6, HQ: Mountain View, CA)
- NVIDEA (Rank: 49, Rating: 3.5, HQ: Santa Clara, CA)
In October we blogged this Mashable infographic showing the amenities and benefits provided at some Bay Area tech companies. Not sure if it’s the free leather repair at Facebook or the rock climbing wall at Google that put them over the top in this year’s survey. Facebook was No. 1 last year.
But do they get a free tote bag?
Oh snap! Bang! Take that FaceBoogle!
The No. 1 company in the country, by the way, was Bain & Company, where Mitt Romney was a bigwig in the 70s and 80s.