Raw Video: Illegal Fireworks Light Up San Jose’s Alviso Neighborhood
For the third year in a row, budget constraints put the kibosh on San Jose’s July 4th fireworks show. In the city’s Alviso neighborhood, however, the joint was jumping in terms of noisy, colorful — and illegal — explosions, as people went the decidedly unofficial route.
You can watch raw video from KTVU here. Right around 1:50, it begins to sound a little like 1980s Beirut.
Illustrating the dangers of some illegal fireworks, a Concord man yesterday blew some of his fingers off after lighting one.
Last night was also a busy one for Bay Area firefighters. Though the causes of these multiple blazes have not yet been determined, fireworks are suspected in at least some…
- Bay Area firefighters battle several fires overnight (KGO)
- Fireworks may have caused Oakland fire that destroyed at least 10 cars (Oakland Tribune)
- Fireworks may be to blame for fire at car rental lot near SFO (SF Examiner)
- Contra Costa firefighters battle overnight grass fires, house blaze (Contra Costa Times)
- Large fire breaks out on Ellis Street on night of July 4th (Berkeleyside)
- Glen Park Residents Displaced After Three-Alarm Fire (KCBS)