Donate

Oakland Councilmember De La Fuente Won’t Be Charged with DUI

| January 13, 2011
  • Share:
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Reddit
  • Email

From the Oakland Tribune:

City Councilmember Ignacio De La Fuente, who was arrested and detained after failing a field sobriety test last month, will not be charged with driving under the influence, the Alameda County District Attorney’s office said Thursday.

Although De La Fuente failed the field sobriety test and was considered impaired by a California Highway Patrol officer, District Attorney Nancy O’Malley’s office decided it did not have enough evidence to charge the 61-year-old with misdemeanor DUI.

“After a review of the evidence, the people in charge of charging have decided that there is not sufficient evidence to proceed,” said Teresa Drenick, a spokeswoman for the office. “No charges will be filed.”

Related

Explore: ,

Category: Crime, Criminal Justice, Oakland, Politics

  • Share:
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Reddit
  • Email
  • ana

    well that means that only special people like him can do these . so what hapend with the officer that arest ignacio de la fuente , that is emberres, dont you think