Blog Beat: Cesar Chavez Street Redesign; ‘Citizen Twain’ Synopses; Twitter Worth $4 Billion?
- The Cesar Chavez Street redesign plan is sailing toward approval, reports Streetsblog San Francisco.
- The Informant has posted Rina Palta’s radio piece recounting just how California’s prisons have gotten so overcrowded.
- Gary Kamiya is finally done with his chapter-by-chapter synopsis of Citizen Twain, Mark Twain’s autobiography written in 1910 with the proviso that it not be released for a hundred years. The book was edited and published by The Mark Twain Papers & Project at UC Berkeley.
- Valleywag is incredulous at the reported $4 billion valuation of Twitter, as reported by TechCrunch. Says VW: “(CEO) Dick Costolo is asking Twitter’s users to ‘define Twitter’s purpose.’ Maybe they should get the $4 billion.”
- San Jose Blog has put together a spreadsheet of what it says is every downtown restaurant and cafe.