Best of the blogs today:
- If you live in San Francisco’s Mission district, do you know which district you’re in? (Admission: I didn’t know myself until recently.) Mission Loc@l provides this handy map. And by the way, San Francisco has citywide supervisorial district maps online. Or check out Wikipedia’s version, which includes corresponding neighborhood and supervisor names.
- Also on Mission Loc@l: This video in which a “sewer historian and city tour guide leads a bicycle tour around the Mission”:
- On richmondsfblog.com, cool photos of vintage streetcars of the Richmond district.
- On Oakland North, this video on the re-opening of what is being called the largest medical marijuana store in California, now called weGrow.
- Oakland Local is running a piece on one resident’s efforts to open up a sex-positive store, in the mold of San Francisco and Berkeley’s Good Vibrations, in downtown Oakland.
- Berkeleyside reports on Berkeley’s $200 million decline in retail sales over the last two years.