This animation by NPR does a good job showing where the super PACs and campaigns are funneling their cash to buy up airtime for political ads. Forgot California – in the months leading up to election day, it’s all about the battleground states!
About the author
Matthew Green runs KQED’s News Education Project, a new online resource for educators and the general public to help explain the news. The project lives at kqed.org/lowdown. View all posts by Matthew Green →
As part of a collaboration with the National Writing Project, this is the first in a series of teacher-created educator guides on key topical issues. Written by two NWP-affiliated high school English and media arts teachers – Kirsten Spall of … Read More
- History of Immigration in America: A Turbulent Timeline
- Could You Pass the U.S. Citizenship Test?
n March 26, the U.S. Supreme Court hears oral arguments on the constitutionality of Proposition 8, California’s same-sex marriage ban. Since voters approved the measure in 2008, there has been a dizzying string of state and federal court cases and … Read More
- 10 Years After the Invasion: Visualizing Key Details on the War in Iraq
- U.S. Gun Homicides: Visualizing the Numbers
Everyone likes a good deal. And for that reason, most of us have flocked to clothing stores like H&M and Old Navy for the unbelievably cheap and expansive selection they offer. T-shirts for five bucks; jeans and dresses for … Read More
- May Day Explained: An Overlooked Milestone in the Fight for Workers' Rights
- The First Earth Day: How It Began And What It Did For The Environment
hat better way of explaining Super PACs than through a music video! Might not make the Top 40, but it should. The folks at Explainer Music do it justice. Read More
- Super PACs: Political Fundraising On Steroids
By Donelle Blubaugh Contributor hat are political party platforms and how much impact do they have in actual political decision-making? During the Republican and Democratic national conventions this summer, you probably heard a lot about the party platforms” These are … Read More
- Leaders of the (super) PAC: This Election, Who Are the Heavy Hitters?
- Ten of the Most Effective Presidential Campaign Commercials Ever Made
he 2012 presidential and congressional elections will cost roughly $5.8 billion, making it the most expensive in U.S. history. That’s according to estimates by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, which predicts about a 7 percent increase from 2008′s $5.4 … Read More
- Super PACs: The Music Video!
- If Super PACs Were Allowed In High School Elections...