This animation by NPR does a good job showing where the super PACs and campaigns are funneling their cash to buy up airtime for political ads. Forgot California – in the months leading up to election day, it’s all about the battleground states!
About the author
Matthew Green runs KQED’s News Education Project, a new online resource for educators and the general public to help explain the news. The project lives at kqed.org/lowdown. View all posts by Matthew Green →
In the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s decision last June to strike down a key oversight provision in the Voting Rights Act, a number of states have already enacted controversial new voting rules that had previously been barred. In the … Read More
- Ballot Battles, Part 2: How The Voting Rights Act Lost its Strength (Infographic)
- Ballot Battles: A Cartoon History of The Voting Rights Act (Infographic)
By Lewis Lehe and Matthew Green Who doesn’t love sitting in traffic? Especially when there’s no apparent reason for it: no crashes, no tolls, no flaming mattresses. Just a sudden and infuriating slowdown of the cars ahead, causing you to … Read More
- Chart: How BART Pay Compares to Pay at Other Big Transit Agencies in California
- Timeline: A Robust History of Recent U.S. Military Invasions
Fast-food workers at restaurants in more than 100 cities across the country, including Oakland and other East Bay cities, are walking off the the job today in a push for a major wage hike. Back by organized labor, the … Read More
- Six Good Resources to Help Make Some Sense of Iran's Nuclear Agreement
- How the Media Broke the Kennedy Assassination 50 Years Ago
hat better way of explaining Super PACs than through a music video! Might not make the Top 40, but it should. The folks at Explainer Music do it justice. Read More
- Super PACs: Political Fundraising On Steroids
By Donelle Blubaugh Contributor hat are political party platforms and how much impact do they have in actual political decision-making? During the Republican and Democratic national conventions this summer, you probably heard a lot about the party platforms” These are … Read More
- Leaders of the (super) PAC: This Election, Who Are the Heavy Hitters?
- Ten of the Most Effective Presidential Campaign Commercials Ever Made
he 2012 presidential and congressional elections will cost roughly $5.8 billion, making it the most expensive in U.S. history. That’s according to estimates by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, which predicts about a 7 percent increase from 2008′s $5.4 … Read More
- Super PACs: The Music Video!
- If Super PACs Were Allowed In High School Elections...