Do America’s lowest wage earners deserve a raise? As Congress again delves into the hotly contested perennial debate over raising the federal minimum wage, a growing number of states and cities throughout the country are forging their own paths on … Read More
- Seven Short Videos That Help Make Some Sense of the Conflict in Ukraine
- Map: States Where Felons Can't Vote
The U.S. Supreme Court in June struck down a key part of the landmark Voting Rights Act of 1965. In the first of his three-part illustrated series on voting rights in America, comic journalist Andy Warner tells the story of … Read More
- Lesson Plan: An Educator's Guide to Teaching Gun Control Issues
- History of Immigration in America: A Turbulent Timeline
By Donelle Blubaugh Contributor hat are political party platforms and how much impact do they have in actual political decision-making? During the Republican and Democratic national conventions this summer, you probably heard a lot about the party platforms” These are … Read More
- Where the Super PACs Spend Their Dough
- Leaders of the (super) PAC: This Election, Who Are the Heavy Hitters?
et’s be honest: voting in California can be kind of overwhelming. Along with having to decide on a president, a senator, state and local officials, and local ballot measures, California voters were also faced with no less than eleven statewide … Read More
- Following the Money: Who's Paying for the Propositions?
This is not a good time for umbrella merchants in California. 2013 was one of the driest years on record in the state. And January – usually among the wettest months — has failed to provide any relief. With the … Read More
- Animated Explainer: What's All The Fuss About Fracking in California?
- What Prop. 30 Means For Your Taxes