What better way of explaining Super PACs than through a music video! Might not make the Top 40, but it should. The folks at Explainer Music do it justice.Related
FILED UNDER:, , , , , , , , ,
About the author
Matthew Green runs KQED’s News Education Project, a new online resource for educators and the general public to help explain the news. The project lives at kqed.org/lowdown. View all posts by Matthew Green →
Roughly 1 billion people lived on our planet in 1800. And that was a pretty major deal, considering it took all of human history — at least 50,000 years — to reach that. But today, just a little more than … Read More
- What's the Fastest Way to Board A Plane? (hint: probably not how you're doing it now)
- News That Moved: The Biggest Stories of 2014
Everyone likes a good deal. And for that reason, most of us have flocked to clothing stores like H&M and Old Navy for the unbelievably cheap and expansive selection they offer. T-shirts for five bucks; jeans and dresses for … Read More
- Thinking Twice About California's Three Strikes Law
- How Does California's Tax System Work?
On Thursday, the 42nd anniversary of the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe vs. Wade decision to legalize abortion nationwide, House Republicans had intended to vote on a proposal banning abortions at the 20-week post-conception period. But rather than approving the so-called “fetal pain” … Read More
- A Half-Century After the March on Washington, Would King Be Satisfied?
- How Felon Voting Laws Could Impact Today's Election [Map and Infographic]
A Missouri grand jury’s decision on Monday to not charge a white police officer in the August shooting death of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teen, sparked angry protests in cities around the country. The incident, which happened last August in the … Read More
- Four Factors Fueling the Rage in Ferguson
- Affirmative Action on the Rocks [Interactive Timeline]
The Supreme Court this week dealt a blow to the nation’s struggling labor unions. In a 5-4 decision along ideological lines, the court ruled that some government workers who decline membership in the unions that represent them can’t be forced … Read More
- Why All the Hype about Thomas Piketty's "Capital"?
- Income Inequality in America, An Illustrated Guide
This animation by NPR does a good job showing where the super PACs and campaigns are funneling their cash to buy up airtime for political ads. Forgot California – in the months leading up to election day, it’s all about … Read More
- Super PACs: Political Fundraising On Steroids