If You Want To Stay in Touch with Me …

September 5th, 2007

... just go to my homepage. You'll find my upcoming gigs there, and a link for you to get on my emailing list if you want.

Peace out,
Josh

Entry Filed under: let's digress

• 1. Sue T.  |  September 6th, 2007 at 9:44 am

Does this mean that the show won’t be coming back for a 3rd season?! Noooo!

Josh, I hope you start another blog somewhere — Blogger, Typepad, etc. I’d be happy to help if you need it.

I just got my new KQED membership card in the mail and now I feel like ripping it up :(

• 2. Josh Kornbluth  |  September 7th, 2007 at 12:24 pm

No, Sue, KQED did not renew the show for a 3rd season — I think they’ll make that official sometime next week. It’s been a wonderful experience for me to work at the station — and a special privilege to collaborate with my Benevolent Webmistress, the amazing Colleen Wilson — and I’ll miss the friends I’ve made there. But I’m working on a new movie, and beginning to work towards a new monologue, so I have plenty to keep me occupied! And yes, I’d love to continue blogging: one of my projects for this month is to revamp my little personal website, joshkornbluth.com, including putting in a blog. I was going to look at Apple’s iWeb software that came with my new laptop — do you have any experience with that, or with other website-building stuff? Please stay in touch — I’m always available at josh@joshkornbluth.com. And thanks, Sue, for your great support of this blog — it’s meant a lot to me!

• 3. Julie Bernstein  |  September 8th, 2007 at 7:31 am

So sorry to hear the show hasn’t been renewed, Josh. But I’ll be excited to see your new movie (did Red Diaper Baby ever come out on DVD??). And I’m happy to help with and/or offer advice on your web site. I haven’t used iWeb, but I do work on web sites for a living. Just let me know.

• 4. Ed  |  September 10th, 2007 at 7:16 pm

WHAT?!?!?!? Come on…. you are not coming back for another season? You are taking it well but your show fit KQED like a glove. However, it is what it is and I will be checking in on your site to see your next project.

If KQED wakes up at some point I hope you do come back.

Best to you and saddened by your departure but excited to see what you’ll get yourself into next.

• 5. Josh Kornbluth  |  September 10th, 2007 at 11:10 pm

Ed, thanks so much for your support — I’ve loved being on KQED, and being part of the diverse community of people who work at 2601 Mariposa.

And Julie: as ever, thanks for your continual encouragement over the past two years — and also for your offer of website advice! All my best to you and Ziggy!

• 6. Sara  |  October 9th, 2007 at 7:05 pm

My family and friends will miss you. Good luck in all your future endeavors. Your show was fun and informative while it lasted! And what other talk show host sings his own theme song? Charlie Rose?

• 7. Josh Kornbluth  |  October 12th, 2007 at 12:26 pm

Sara, you are a sweetheart!!

• 8. Bill  |  November 12th, 2007 at 8:50 pm

I just saw the Onion show. That was some of the funniest stuff I have seen on television. You did an admirable job of keeping a straight face while bantering with them. I wonder what it takes to get them to laugh!

Best of luck.

• 9. Cindy  |  January 10th, 2008 at 3:52 pm

WOMBAT–mountain biking and tea society. That’s inspiring. I became a bicycle commuter at age 48 and dropped 25 points of cholesterol. And even rode with Critical Mass down Lombard on a full moon. Exhilarating, what joy. Although the helicopter pilot for KGO begs to differ, he has a different point of view since he sees the nasty riders.

Speaking of which. WOMBAT was my term of affection for my ex husband Tracy who still commutes to work by bicycle from San Ramon to Walnut Creek, his last name is Swambat (German).

Party on.

Cindy

• 10. john Williams  |  February 25th, 2008 at 7:59 pm

This show has suffered from what feels like unrestrained narcissism. The format of interview is best when the interview is more about the guest than the interviewer. It has always seemed like the “guest” was really just a platform for you to do another solo riff in your bizarrely wacky set at KQED. Did they pay for that?

• 11. julie  |  May 19th, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Mister Josh – it has taken THIS LONG for me to realize that you have been ripped from the absurdly “straight” programming of KQED and won’t return for – ever?

All I can say is – their loss, Buddy! When I was asked to toss yet another dime into the public hat – I whined relentlessly about BAD programming, and was told that people really do want to watch repeats of everything – including Lawrence Welk. So much for MY sensibility.

Whatever, you will always be the heart and soul of my former Monday’s at 7:30 and how come? Did you offend the management by having people on your show who can speak to something other than solar panels?

Another Berkeley Type,
    Julie

Does this mean no more hats! mugs! great shirts!

• 12. Anna  |  June 24th, 2008 at 12:59 am

Hey Josh, I ran into you in the streets of Berkeley one day and said hi like a crazy fan. You probably don’t remember me, but I was that crazy college-aged person. We talked about the Amy Tan interview for like two seconds and I asked you to say my name on air for the first episode of the next season. Just wanted to say hi again. I finally got ’round to reading “Kitchen God’s Wife,” and I have to say, I was very presumptive of Amy Tan, she’s much more gifted than I initially gave her credit for. So I take back what I said about her. And I recommend that if you read nothing else by Amy Tan, you read that :)

• 13. Hank Wallace  |  September 1st, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Josh, gonna miss you and your show on KQED. Today’s shopw 9/01/2008 was particularly great. I saw you in person at the local Enrolled Agents meeting at the Grosvenor and loved you and your presentation. Best wishes for continued great productions.

Hank