Rhymes with “Academy” …

July 23rd, 2007

... which makes sense, as the family name "Tademy" has a deep history in learning. I found out about the Tademys' hard-won education through Lalita Tademy's powerful second historical novel, Red River. She was my guest in an episode that I heard lots of feedback about -- including from the crossing guard at my son's school, whose own family had many similar experiences. (I loaned her my copy.)

You can see my original blog item here.

• 1. Will  |  July 26th, 2007 at 5:57 am

Josh,

I thought you would get a kick out of this. On the Simpson’s movie website, you can create a Simpson character, so I created you. I think Matt Groening would be stupid not to ask you for an appearance. Oh well, hope everything is doing well and the monologues are still coming. Here’s the link below:

• 2. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 26th, 2007 at 11:54 am

Hey, Will: I just showed your depiction of me to my son and his best friend, and they both agreed that it looks a lot like me. Thanks for connecting me — symbolically, at least — with one of my all-time favorite shows!

• 3. Steve Rhodes  |  July 27th, 2007 at 10:07 am

Her book Cane River is the San Francisco One City One Book choice for 2007.

There will he discussions in September and October, and she’ll be participating in some of the events.

There isn’t much info yet, but a full schedule will be posted here.

• 4. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 27th, 2007 at 6:25 pm

Wow, Steve — that’s great. Thanks so much for the info!

• 5. Sara  |  July 27th, 2007 at 6:30 pm

Hey Josh, there’s a rumor that your show was cancelled. Is this true?
    -Sara

• 6. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 27th, 2007 at 7:01 pm

Thanks for your interest, Sara! KQED management has said that it is re-evaluating all its shows this summer. I certainly hope ours makes the cut!

• 7. Mary  |  July 27th, 2007 at 7:50 pm

I love your show! They can’t cancel you! Is there anything we can do to make sure you are back next season. -Mary

• 8. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 28th, 2007 at 2:05 pm

That’s so sweet, Mary — I really appreciate your support of the show! I know that KQED likes to hear feedback of all sorts from viewers, so if you look around the KQED website you should find various ways to contact them. And also, of course, please tell everyone you know to watch the show (and to read my blog, and post great comments like yours)!

• 9. Dave  |  July 30th, 2007 at 8:47 am

Hey Josh, KQED needs to keep you on the case and in the lineup. Local show, local personality, local perspective with an interesting twist. I really feel like I know more about your guests after the interviews. KQED would be less interesting if they did not include local programs (yours in particular) with heart and brains.

I am waiting to see KQED’s support of your show in this season’s schedule before I write my pledge check.

Dave

• 10. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 30th, 2007 at 1:47 pm

Thanks, Dave — I really appreciate your kind words and support!

• 11. bob collins  |  July 30th, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Mr. Kornbluth. I just heard the rumor that your show may be on the chopping block! Is there any truth to this? I certainly hope that I received erroneous information. I find your weekly program to be informative, creative and highly entertaining. Who can I contact to better assure that quality programming continues on public television? Thank you….bob collins

July 2007