The Mother of All Episodes …

July 24th, 2006

... might be today's rebroadcast, in which I interview mom-daughter-relationship expert Deborah Tannen and child psychiatrist Daniel Siegel. I'm in my third week in Utah working hard on my next stage monologue, so please excuse my need to run off right now without further elaboration -- I swear I'm not just being childish!

Entry Filed under: let's digress

• 1. barbara moller  |  July 24th, 2006 at 7:41 pm

I can’t believe I almost missed today’s show. It moved me to tears. As a parent of adult daughters the thoughts and personal stories you and your two guests shared were deeply meaningful to me. Thank you very much.

• 2. Joel Jacobs  |  July 24th, 2006 at 8:43 pm

Great show tonight, Josh! I bet all other parents learned a lot about parenting! Me, I know everything, but still found it engaging.

Keep up the good work

• 3. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 27th, 2006 at 11:21 am

Barbara & Joel, thank you so much for your lovely words!

• 4. Shakhar Rahav  |  July 28th, 2006 at 11:40 pm

Hi Josh,

Great program tonight – great subjects, interesting interviewees, synergy between the two authors, and great questions and interjected comments by you. [my favorite of all the wisecracks was that you don’t care a lot about hair, even though Deborah Tannen’s mothers and daughters do]
    A suggestion: It would be useful if you could have links to the books you discuss on the website.
    Thanks for a fun, warm, and enlightening show.

• 5. benevolent webmistress  |  July 30th, 2006 at 10:23 am

Shakhar,

Actually, Josh does include links to the books discussed on his program. The reason you didn’t find them in this posting is because it is for a rebroadcast of an earlier episode. In the original posting he includes those links. I’ll talk with Josh about reposting them for the repeats because it is invaluable information for viewers like you.

Cheers,
    Colleen

• 6. Josh Kornbluth  |  July 30th, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Message received, Colleen — great idea! And Shakhar, thanks for your kind words and helpful suggestion!

July 2006