My First Post!

September 8th, 2005

Hello, there -- and welcome to my blog!

I am sitting in my feng-shui-deprived cubicle area at KQED, typing at a computer that I don't quite understand (being a Mac guy usually). Adding to the immediacy of the moment, I have KQED's glorious web queen, Colleen Wilson, looking over my shoulder at this very moment. (But I would say only nice things about her even if she weren't here. Really.)

In this space, I'll be keeping you abreast of the various things that are happening to me as I enter this new phase of my life, as a TV-show host. You know, my wife, Sara, is a schoolteacher, and right after I got this job she happened to see a newspaper article with the results of a poll in which people were asked whom they trusted the most. "Teacher" came in first or second. Last: "talk show host." (I'll try to find the actual link when I have the time.)

If the image of my new profession doesn't improve real soon, I may try something more honorable, like politics. But for now, I'm thrilled to be here.

P.S.: Colleen just politely fixed a typo of mine a couple of sentences up. As a former copy editor, I'm mortified.

Entry Filed under: let's digress

• 1. Julie  |  September 8th, 2005 at 6:45 pm

Hey Josh, congratulations on your new show – cant’ wait to see it. Maybe you should send a note about it (and your upcoming Zspace improvs) out to your mailing list soon (hint hint)?

- Julie

P.S. Great article about you and your show in SF Gate.

• 2. Tim  |  September 8th, 2005 at 9:26 pm

So most of the talk show’s I’ve seen have this witty “you are so charming” banter on the air. So what’s it really like after the director yells cut? (or that’s a wrap or whatever they say in TV land)

• 3. Scott Rosenberg  |  September 8th, 2005 at 10:52 pm

Now you can digress in reverse chronoloogical order! Which makes me wonder: if a digression happens in reverse chronological order, is it still a digression, or is it somehow moving forward instead?

• 4. Josh Kornbluth  |  September 9th, 2005 at 10:45 am

Regression, maybe?

• 5. Lloyd Scott  |  September 9th, 2005 at 12:04 pm

Hey Josh congrats, it’s nice to see that things are going terrific for you. Surely you remember me from Sheppard Mullin-Richter&Hampton? Good luck with the show.
    Godspeed.

• 6. Josh Kornbluth  |  September 10th, 2005 at 9:30 am

Lloyd Scott — from SMRH — hi!! That was my very first law-firm temping gig, and everyone was so nice to me. Ah, has there ever been an office manager to rival E. Aline Pearl? …

Tim: You don’t wanna know what really happens after the director yells “cut” — not for the faint of heart! …

And Julie: My computer’s been acting up lately, impeding my already feeble efforts to send an email to my elist. Thanks for your sweet blog entries!

• 7. coyote  |  September 11th, 2005 at 4:21 pm

KQED uses PC’s? Horrors!

• 8. MacAttack  |  September 12th, 2005 at 9:29 pm

But the web people at KQED mostly use Macs. :)

• 9. Harp Column Blogs&hellip  |  September 15th, 2005 at 3:05 pm

How to use the Blog page

So it turns out that the way this whole blog
    thing works is that you make a blog entry, preferably a long one. That
    entry is around forever, but only shows up

• 10. NEIL LEIBERMAN  |  March 31st, 2006 at 5:09 pm

Dear Josh,

I have been meaning to write to you for quite a while now.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy you and your KQED show. It is, perhaps, the most real show on television. Your interviewing skills are fresh, funny and caring.

I have been interviewed on talk shows all over the world, but never in a kind manner such as yours.

I normally don’t write ‘serious’ emails like this, but I really mean all of the above.

Thank you so much for everything.

Sincerely,

Neil Leiberman (The Comedy Coach®)
    Senior Vice President / Talent Coordinator
    George Carlin’s LAUGH.COM, INC.
    480 9th Avenue, Suite A
    San Francisco, CA 94118-2913
    Direct: 415-668-7955
    Fax: 800-427-4184
    Web: http://www.comedycoach.com
    Email: info@comedycoach.com

• 11. Noah Blaw  |  February 14th, 2007 at 5:07 pm

Dear Josh,

I very much enjoy your show, it truly is a gem.

But, I want to add a note about your first show and commercial, where the German girl says she can’t figure out you name. Well, guess what? It is NOT
    German! It is ENGLISH. Yes, not just ‘plain English’, but
    in a dialect where ‘KORNBLUTH’ is “CORNFLOWER”! A very beautiful name!

Thanks again for having such great guests and interesting topics and bringing it all to KQED.

September 2005