SAN FRANCISCO (Bay City News and KQED) Early voting has started all around the state. In San Francisco, residents eager to cast their ballots for the November election can now take part in early voting at City Hall.
Voters can go to the Department of Elections on the ground floor of City Hall between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays to fill out a ballot.
The department is also setting up weekend voting from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the two weekends prior to the Nov. 6 election, which includes the presidential race as well as other federal, state and local contests.
City election officials have also started sending out more than 200,000 vote-by-mail ballots and recently finished mailing voter information pamphlets to registered voters.
People wishing to vote by mail must send a request to the Department of Elections by Oct. 30.
More information about early voting or vote-by-mail ballots can be found on the department’s website at www.sfelections.org/toolkit or by calling (415) 554-4375.
Here are addresses county-by-county where you can now vote in the Bay Area:
- Alameda County: Registar’s office at 1225 Fallon Street, Rm. G-1, in Oakland.
- Contra Costa County: 555 Escobar Street, in Martinez
- Marin County: Marin Civic Center, 3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 121, in San Rafael
- San Mateo County: 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, or 555 County Center, First Floor, Redwood City
- Santa Clara County: 1555 Berger Dr, Building 2, San Jose. Office hoursvary as the election approaches.
- Sonoma County: Registrar of Voters, 435 Fiscal Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Solano County: Registrar of Voters, 675 Texas St. Suite 2600
- Napa County: Carithers Building, 900 Coombs Street, Suite 256, Napa. Starting the weekend before the election, Napa County will also set up satellite voting assistance centers, where voters can drop off their ballots or receive new ones if they have lost or spoiled them, or if they need a new envelope.Satellite offices:-Calistoga – Tubbs Building, Fairgrounds Gate 3 – Oak Street-Saint Helena – Stonebridge Apartments Community Room – 990 College Avenue
-Yountville- Library Reading Room – 6516 Washington Street
-American Canyon – Public Safety Bldg – 911 Donaldson Way, East of Hwy 29
-Fairgrounds – 4th and Burnell Streets – Enter on Burnell