BAYMN FEST — Call for Entries!!
Call for Entries are now open for BAYMN FEST!
The Bay Area Youth Media Network (BAYMN) is now accepting submissions for BAYMN FEST, its first annual youth media festival, taking place June 1–2, 2013 at the San Francisco Public Library. Youth 12-24 are invited to submit their videos in one of the following categories:
Science, Technology & Innovation
Arts & Expression
Social Justice & Community Engagement
BAYMN FEST is an interactive showcase of media produced by youth ages 12–24. Sponsored by Adobe Youth Voices and the AT&T Foundation, this two-day event will be a unique opportunity for youth, educators and the general public to celebrate the work of talented young media makers. Through screenings, workshops, a transmedia gallery and networking opportunities, BAYMN FEST will be a place for young artists to share their work, meet their peers, acquire new tools, make their voices heard—and win cash prizes and media-making tools! All entries will be judged by a mix of youth, media arts educators, and media professionals.
Prizes will be awarded to all filmmakers whose entries are accepted to the Festival. Additional cash awards and media making tools (such as GoPro cameras and Adobe design and editing software) will be presented during the Festival to award winners selected by a jury in each of the above submission categories.
Deadline for submission: April 1, 2013
Included in this post is info on How to Enter, Submission Guidelines, and the Online Entry Form.
How to Enter:
- Create a complete, high-resolution copy of your video.
- Post your video on a video-hosting site such as YouTube, SchoolTube or Vimeo, and make sure that your video is public (we will not be able to view or judge a project that is set to private).
- Fill out the online entry form, using the link below. Please read the guidelines completely before filling out the form.
- Copy and paste the URL for your video directly from the web (using the web-hosting site selected above) into the online entry form. The video must be viewable outside of your school or district with a valid, public URL that our judges can access.
- Select only one competition category in which to enter your film. If you are not sure which category is appropriate, please enter into the Miscellany category.
Teachers: For classroom projects, please submit only the “best” one or two for consideration (e.g., if your students are all creating similar projects on air pollution, please submit no more than two for consideration).
- Adobe Youth Voices Participants: For educators who participated in AYV training, please be sure to check the box on the entry form for all student projects developed through this program.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 12–24 at the time the project was produced. For entrants under the age of 13, please have a parent, teacher or instructor submit your project for you.
- Entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2012.
- Entries must have a total running time of 15 mins or less.
- Video projects may be produced in school, in an after-school program, in a summer program or independently, and they must be self-contained and able to stand alone (e.g., not a segment of a larger project).
- Digital media presentations that are not film or video (e.g., PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.) are not eligible, but we encourage you to convert your presentation into a self-contained video.
- If your project includes copyrighted material, please follow the Center for Social Media guidelines for Fair Use or view the post on KQED Edspace, and be sure to cite your sources in the end credits.
- BAYMN FEST is an all-ages event. We request that all entries not include any nudity or profanity.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm PST, April 1, 2013.
- Entrants will be notified of the Festival selections on May 1, 2013. All communication will be sent to the email listed in the form, so please be sure it is active and checked often.
Online Entry Form: