This is the month of the cranberry. Well, for me at least. I have roasted them, put them in a grilled cheese sandwich, and now this lovely, gooey cheese dip. And wait until you see the rosemary and cranberry sangria I have coming up next!
Recipe: Gooey White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces of sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 French baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together the shredded white cheddar cheese and the cream cheese.
2. Fold in the fresh cranberries and transfer the mixture to a ramekin.
3. Bake the mixture in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. The cheese dip will be boiling and golden brown on top when ready. Watch the video above to see exactly what it should look like.
4. During that thirty minutes when the cheese dip is cooking, prepare the crostini. Slice the French baguette into even pieces and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Lightly coat them with the olive oil. When the cheese dip is about done, around 20 minutes or so, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake them for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them though, they can burn easily.
6. When both the crostini and the cheese dip are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool a bit. Personally, I cannot wait and find myself burning my mouth a lot. But it is completely worth it!