Garden inspired cocktails are simply one of my favorite things. And this margarita is no exception. It’s not only spicy (thank you, jalapeños!) but the cilantro adds all these lovely citrus notes to it, while keeping it feeling fresh and crisp so you drink many more them than you should. Not that I know what that is like or anything!
I made this drink up at the Medlock Ames tasting room while touring California’s sustainable farms and wineries. If you haven’t been, I suggest you check them out. Along with these wonderful cocktails, they also make some pretty great wine. Or you can just keep making their signature drinks at home, like this Lavender Splash. But only if you invite me over!
- 4-5 pepper slices, serrano and jalapeño
- Small handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice
- Dash of agave nectar
- 2 ounces of tequila
- Soda water
- Salt for the glass
- Jalapeño slices for garnish
1. Add the pepper slices, cilantro, lime juice, agave and tequila to a pint glass.
Personally, I like the kick so I use about 7 pepper slices in my drink. If you do have an aversion to heat, just use one slice. That way you can still appreciate what a culinary masterpiece this drink is.
2. Add ice and shake the mixture thoroughly.
3. Serve in a salted high ball glass and top with soda water.
4. Garnish with a pepper slice and enjoy!Related