Willy Wonka’s in da’ house! It’s that time of year again… the fabulous, and now worldwide, Salon du Chocolat. Picture a convention center. Then picture a convention center filled with chocolate. There you have the Salon du Chocolat. On Monday, I trekked across town to the Paris Expo to taste chocolate from the global greats and the tiny artisanal chocolatiers from the far corners of France. Enjoy….
Jean-Paul Hevin – a man after my own heart…. I’ll take these over a pair of ruby slippers any day!
obscene amounts of chocolate….
chocolate beauty products… face lotion and scrub…
the obligatory chocolate fountain that we dipped chunks of fruit in and ate right there with juice running down our chin :)
chocolate covered marshmallow sticks – my personal favorite. guimauve is also my favorite French word. no idea why, it’s just fun to say :)
mendiants which means vagabond in French
nuits d’amour ~ nights of love. hmmmmm… i’ll take a case!
and more obscene amounts of chocolate….
au revoir…. a la prochaine….
Chocolate Ooze Cakes
Ingredients for 6 servings:
6 oz. butter (plus some extra to butter molds)
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar (plus extra for molds)
3 teaspoons of flour
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together over a bain marie.
3. Whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar until light yellow in color. this is called “blanchir” in French.
4. Combine the chocolate/butter mixture into the egg/sugar slowly.
5. Add the flour and combine.
6. Pour the mixture into the molds.
7. Bake in a 450F oven for 7-8 minutes, unmold and serve immediately.
8. Test one ahead of time because every oven and cooking time is different.
Category: Bay Area Bites Food + Drink