American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- New Initiative Aims to Double Percentage of Oakland Youth Reading on Grade Level by the End of Third Grade by 2020
- Oakland Local: OUSD names new school board member
- Newshour: To Lower Dropout Rates, Finding Potential Where Support Systems Are Lacking
- Oakland Local: From prison to Phi Theta Kappa: How one Oakland youth is helping change the juvenile justice system
- The Education Report: An unwise cut: help for new Oakland teachers
- mom blog homeschool dog blog: More Please!
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
- Justice for Raheim Brown Jr.: He is one of the worst people in the world. To see what Oakland Unified Board Members...
- Vikash V Jain: I think something has to be done to get the suspensions less. Please do revert back if i can help in...
- Bianca: Thanks so much for blogging about SMASH Yo Ann!
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Tag Archives: school
May 3, 2013 By Barbara Grady Underpaid teachers, kids wishing they had counselors to talk with and crowded classrooms where students learning English don’t get enough help could all be in the past for Oakland schools if the governor’s plan … Continue reading
November 13, 2012 By Katy Murphy Student journalism in Oakland has popped up at yet another high school. At Castlemont High, students have launched an online site with a wonderfully old-school newspaper name, the Castle Crier. AP English language … Continue reading