American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Even Odds: Fighting the odds for Oakland's young black males
- KQED American Graduate Education Town Hall
- Oakland Local: Education Voices: Safe routes to schools are elusive in Oakland
- 100 Black Men Community School of the Bay Area
- New Initiative Aims to Double Percentage of Oakland Youth Reading on Grade Level by the End of Third Grade by 2020
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
- Justice for Raheim Brown Jr.: He is one of the worst people in the world. To see what Oakland Unified Board Members...
- Vikash V Jain: I think something has to be done to get the suspensions less. Please do revert back if i can help in...
- Bianca: Thanks so much for blogging about SMASH Yo Ann!
- Budget Graduation: Great opportunity to the graduates student who want enter in field of film. the competition...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Tag Archives: OUSD
Story by Jill Tucker It was the first Monday in May, and Thomas Logwood was heading to class. There were just six weeks until the end of the school year at Castlemont High inOakland, and every week seemed to bring another … Continue reading
June 13, 2013 The OUSD school board just voted to appoint Anne Campbell-Washington to represent District 4, given former board member Gary Yee’s appointment as Acting Superintendent. Anne Campbell-Washington is the mother of two OUSD kids and a longtime Oakland … Continue reading
April 22, 2013 By Katy Murphy The Oakland Board of Education will host a press conference on Monday April 22nd to announce Dr. Gary Yee as a candidate for the position of Acting Superintendent in the Oakland Unified School District … Continue reading
April 10, 2013 School board officials in Oakland have begun the process of replacing outgoing superintendent Tony Smith. Smith surprised colleagues last week when he announced he was resigning so that his family can be closer to his ailing father-in-law, … Continue reading
January 14, 2013 By Lisa Hewitt “What kids need in college, to get into college, and to get through college without remediation is pretty much all the same skills that you need in a career. You need to be … Continue reading
January 10, 2013 By Barbara Grady A year after expanding the attendance boundaries of several schools to accommodate kids from four schools it closed, the Oakland school board on Wednesday voted to shrink the boundaries of Crocker Highland Elementary School … Continue reading
December 7, 2012 By Lisa Hewitt Troy Flint, the Director of Public Relations of the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD), is the face of an organization which serves a complex city. Now living in West Oakland, Flint made the move … Continue reading
By Stephen Ceasar October 1, 2012 The Oakland Unified School District and the U.S. Department of Education reached an agreement last week that would allow federal officials to monitor the district’s efforts to curb the number of out-of-school suspensions of … Continue reading
Friday, September 28th By Katy Murphy Last night, as the Oakland school board issued a 1,080-page “notice of violation” to all three American Indian Model Schools over its fiscal and governance practices. (Link to the massive file here.) It’s the first step … Continue reading