American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- NPR: Fed Up With Zero Tolerance In Schools, Advocates Push For Change
- SF Gate: June Jordan School for Equity gets a break on testing
- Oakland Local: Parents, students give their say in school budgeting
- Inside Bay Area: San Leandro woman headed to Ivy League school after overcoming challenges
- Oakland Local: Oakland School District considering new parcel tax
- Alpha Genix Reviews: It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this...
- hitter training: Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the...
- ronnie montano products: amazing article you got here, thanks a ton for sharing it!
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
- Justice for Raheim Brown Jr.: He is one of the worst people in the world. To see what Oakland Unified Board Members...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Tag Archives: Oakland Schools
November 2, 2012 By Caitlin Esch In Oakland, schools are partnering with community health organizations to open clinics on campuses. On Thursday, the district celebrated its 14th such opening at West Oakland Middle School. KQED’s Caitlin Esch visited a school-based clinic that … Continue reading
November 1, 2012 By Katy Murphy This week, a group of boisterous teenagers marched down to a ballot box a few blocks from their school. The first-time voter contingent and their sign-holding supporters whooped and chanted all the way to … Continue reading
Contra Costa Times: Education Report: 13 Oakland schools to lose a teacher because of bad enrollment projections
October 10, 2012 By Katy Murphy This year, 14 teachers are being moved to other schools, a process known as “consolidation,” because fewer students enrolled in a particular school than the district expected, the Oakland school district has reported. Enrollment … Continue reading
October 11, 2012 By Katharine Mieszkowski Public schools in Oakland are looking for major kitchen remodeling with a measure on the Nov. 6 ballot. If approved, Measure J would authorize the Oakland Unified School District to issue as much as $475 … Continue reading