American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Mind/Shift: Why Teachers Should Be Trained Like Actors
- Mind/Shift: For Students, the Importance of Doing Work That Matters
- Mind/Shift: Struggle Means Learning: Difference in Eastern and Western Cultures
- Mind/Shift: Beyon Worksheets, A True Expression of Student Learning
- Mind/Shift: No Courses, No Classrooms, No Grades-- Just Learning
- tips on saving money dzas: Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running...
- Alpha Genix Reviews: It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this...
- hitter training: Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the...
- ronnie montano products: amazing article you got here, thanks a ton for sharing it!
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Mercury News: In California schools' test scores, state sees success while feds' No Child Left Behind act sees growing failure
October 11, 2012 By Sharon Noguchi California schools continued their steady gains in achievement, and for the first time more than half of them met the state’s target score, according to California’s annual index of school achievement released Thursday. As … Continue reading
October 8, 2012 By Katy Murphy A series of decisions about the costs, staffing and structure of Oakland Unified’s special education department caused parents to mobilize in June against last-minute reductions to the program. Months later, the 11th-hour reassignment of … Continue reading
October 9, 2012 By Lisa Hewitt “If we can expose more young people to the business sector, we can inspire more people to be entrepreneurs.”-Jose Corona Jose Corona, the CEO of Inner City Advisors (ICA), a non-profit serving the entire … Continue reading
October 4, 2012 By Katy Murphy Until now, Thearse Pecot’s decades-long involvement in Oakland’s public education system has focused mainly on the schools her children and grandchildren have attended. But the latest round of school closures — which included Santa … Continue reading
San Francisco Chronicle September 4, 2012 Written by Jill Tucker In the first hour of the first day of school Tuesday, the sixth-grade Oakland boy was sure he was in trouble for goofing off. His teacher, Peter Wilson, had stopped his … Continue reading
Originally aired August 31, 2012 A state bill overhauling teacher evaluations, which was set to be voted on by the Legislature today, has been withdrawn. AB-5 would have made test scores optional in assessing teachers. We’ll discuss the controversy the … Continue reading
Mind/Shift Blog August 3, 2012 Written By Almetria Vaba Summer can be a great opportunity to leverage a child’s interest in specific subjects, like science or history, with their fascination for digital games. PBS Learning Media, launched a year ago, … Continue reading
Recently a class of sophomores attending the Life Academy of Health and Biosciences High School in the Fruitvale area of Oakland wrote and recorded their own personal Perspectives. With the help of their world history and English teacher, Annie Hatch, … Continue reading
Video streaming by Ustream
CBS News June 13, 2012 Actor Mark Wahlberg is returning to school later this month to study for his high school diploma. The star quit school at the age of 13 and, after a stint behind bars for assault, he … Continue reading