American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Mind/Shift: Why Teachers Should Be Trained Like Actors
- Mind/Shift: For Students, the Importance of Doing Work That Matters
- Mind/Shift: Struggle Means Learning: Difference in Eastern and Western Cultures
- Mind/Shift: Beyon Worksheets, A True Expression of Student Learning
- Mind/Shift: No Courses, No Classrooms, No Grades-- Just Learning
FlickrFlickr is currently unavailable.« PreviousNext »
- tips on saving money dzas: Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running...
- Alpha Genix Reviews: It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this...
- hitter training: Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the...
- ronnie montano products: amazing article you got here, thanks a ton for sharing it!
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: Youth Media
On the steps of Oakland City Hall on August 18 for the Attend and Achieve Back-to-School Rally 2012 — in partnership with the Oakland Natives Give Back, the Oakland Unified School District and the City of Oakland’s Office of the … Continue reading
Using audio from the Teacher Town Hall poem written by Arise High School teacher Cesar Cruz and research that the student filmmakers found about the drop out crisis in Oakland they created this thought provoking video.
BAVC/The Factory assembled a team of four advanced youth filmmakers to create four videos; the content of which is intended to help counteract the significant high school dropout rate in Oakland, CA as Part of the American Graduate Initiative
San Francisco Chronicle August 23, 2012 Written by: Jill Tucker The vast majority of the class of 2012 – 95 percent of the state’s 450,000 seniors – passed the California High School Exit Exam by graduation day, an all-time-high pass … Continue reading
BAVC Blog August 14, 2012 Written by: Chris Runde Since March of this year, musicians and filmmakers in BAVC’s Next Gen youth programs have been contributing to a nationwide project focusing on the high school dropout crisis in the United … Continue reading
August 1, 2012 Written By Claudia Luz Suarez Recently, the Oakland Tribune released graduation and dropout data on students they’ve been tracking since 2007. As a recent graduate from East Oakland School of the Arts, one of Castlemont’s small schools, … Continue reading
Created by Carla Tamayo On June 14, 2011, 20 High School juniors from East Oakland participated in the 6th Annual Youth Showcase and Cultural Symposium were they lead presentations and workshops using poetry, architectural school re-design, and research on trauma … Continue reading
Why I Stay In School By Hallie Cohen School has always been difficult for me even in my elementary school years, mainly because of social anxieties. It showed through my horrendous attendance record. By my fifteenth year, I had stopped … Continue reading