American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Even Odds: Fighting the odds for Oakland's young black males
- KQED American Graduate Education Town Hall
- Oakland Local: Education Voices: Safe routes to schools are elusive in Oakland
- 100 Black Men Community School of the Bay Area
- New Initiative Aims to Double Percentage of Oakland Youth Reading on Grade Level by the End of Third Grade by 2020
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
- Justice for Raheim Brown Jr.: He is one of the worst people in the world. To see what Oakland Unified Board Members...
- Vikash V Jain: I think something has to be done to get the suspensions less. Please do revert back if i can help in...
- Bianca: Thanks so much for blogging about SMASH Yo Ann!
- Budget Graduation: Great opportunity to the graduates student who want enter in field of film. the competition...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: National
October 1, 2012 By Barbara Grady The Oakland Unified School District board agreed Thursday night to take specific steps to eradicate racial bias in school discipline, voting unanimously to enter a voluntary resolution with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office … Continue reading
By Stephen Ceasar October 1, 2012 The Oakland Unified School District and the U.S. Department of Education reached an agreement last week that would allow federal officials to monitor the district’s efforts to curb the number of out-of-school suspensions of … Continue reading
As part of the American Graduate initiative, FRONTLINE will premiere “Dropout Nation,” a special two-hour documentary portrait of four students in crisis and the teachers, counselors, and principal waging a daily struggle to get them to graduation. The film airs … Continue reading
September 21, 2012 September 22, 2012 is American Graduate Day, a multi- platform event featuring a live television broadcast, radio playlist with premiere documentaries, and participation from more than 20 national partner organizations, celebrities and athletes to spotlight solutions to … Continue reading
BAVC Blog August 14, 2012 Written by: Chris Runde Since March of this year, musicians and filmmakers in BAVC’s Next Gen youth programs have been contributing to a nationwide project focusing on the high school dropout crisis in the United … Continue reading
Voxxi July 12, 2012 Written By Hope Gillette For decades, the presence of teachers representing minority groups has been sorely lacking in the education system in the United States. That’s the conclusion offered by a report from a study by … Continue reading
TED Radio Hour June 22, 2012 TED/NPR Staff In 2004, Salman Khan, a senior hedge fund analyst, began posting math tutorials on YouTube for his cousins. Six years later, he’s posted more than 3,200 carefully structured educational videos offering complete … Continue reading
KQED News June 22, 2012 Written by: NPR/TED Staff Part 1 of the TED Radio Hour episode Building A Better Classroom. Watch Sir Ken Robinson’s full Talks — Schools Kill Creativity and Bring On The Learning Revolution — on TED.com … Continue reading
There is a growing consensus among economists and world leaders that girls’ education is the single most effective tool for fighting poverty in developing countries. While not a panacea, education yields enormous benefits for girls, their families, and society, including … Continue reading
With one in four U.S. public school students dropping out of high school before graduation, America continues to face a dropout epidemic. Dropping out makes it harder for these young people to succeed in life, our economy loses hundreds of … Continue reading