American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Mind/Shift: Why Teachers Should Be Trained Like Actors
- Mind/Shift: For Students, the Importance of Doing Work That Matters
- Mind/Shift: Struggle Means Learning: Difference in Eastern and Western Cultures
- Mind/Shift: Beyon Worksheets, A True Expression of Student Learning
- Mind/Shift: No Courses, No Classrooms, No Grades-- Just Learning
FlickrFlickr is currently unavailable.« PreviousNext »
- tips on saving money dzas: Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running...
- Alpha Genix Reviews: It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this...
- hitter training: Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the...
- ronnie montano products: amazing article you got here, thanks a ton for sharing it!
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: Events
Oakland North Posted on April 27, 2012 Written by Ryan Phillips Teachers want parents to be more involved, and parents want to know teachers are doing their best to educate their children. While that may sound easy to accomplish, it … Continue reading
Teacher evaluations — And Surveys of Students and Colleagues Posted on April 25, 2012 Written by: Dave Orphal In my last post, I offered an overview of a proposed teacher evaluation system that two Oakland schools are piloting. The proposed … Continue reading
KDOL production made possible with funds from the City of Oakland KDOL Video Production Producer: Mario Capitelli Director: David Castaneda Cameras: Mario Capitelli Grip: Juan Lopez-Rivera Graphics: David Castaneda Post Production: David Castaneda
Written by Sydnee Logan Posted on April 14, 2012 Okay, so this has been a very exiting trip so far! My classmates and I have been stressed out, but still super exited about being in Canada, I personally cannot wait … Continue reading
Written By Sydnee Logan Currently, a few of my classmates and I from Step are preparing to attend and present at the American Educational Research Association Conference also known as AERA. This year the conference is being held in Vancouver, … Continue reading
KQED California Report Special Coverage Written by Ana Tintocalis Research shows that a quality early childhood education can improve a child’s readiness for school and help prepare them to succeed as adults. How will this prepare them for the rest … Continue reading
Written By Emma Bundy Tutorpedia fights the dropout crisis by providing critical academic support to students. Through personalized, one-on-one tutoring, students receive the individualized attention that is often difficult for over-extended teachers to provide in the classroom. By collaborating with … Continue reading
View our Teacher Town Hall event pictures on Flickr. and also view the “Thank a Teacher” photo series from our colleagues at StoryCorps.
Did you know that students with learning differences are twice as likely as their peers to drop out of school? Our colleagues at PBS NewsHour recently explored the challenges facing those students in this report: Watch Engaging Students With Learning … Continue reading
Forum Live in Oakland March 22 http://www.twitvid.com/L2JHE