American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Even Odds: Fighting the odds for Oakland's young black males
- KQED American Graduate Education Town Hall
- Oakland Local: Education Voices: Safe routes to schools are elusive in Oakland
- 100 Black Men Community School of the Bay Area
- New Initiative Aims to Double Percentage of Oakland Youth Reading on Grade Level by the End of Third Grade by 2020
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
- Justice for Raheim Brown Jr.: He is one of the worst people in the world. To see what Oakland Unified Board Members...
- Vikash V Jain: I think something has to be done to get the suspensions less. Please do revert back if i can help in...
- Bianca: Thanks so much for blogging about SMASH Yo Ann!
- Budget Graduation: Great opportunity to the graduates student who want enter in field of film. the competition...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: Town Hall
KQED has launched American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen — a local initiative to help combat the dropout crisis in Oakland. KQED and Oakland’s Promise Alliance will address the issue by working with local schools, businesses and community organizations to … Continue reading
Newshour American Graduate February 1, 2012 Written By: Kelly Chen This week, the NewsHour’s American Graduate team takes a look at juvenile justice and gang violence as it relates to the dropout crisis, with reports starting Wednesday on our broadcast … Continue reading
KQED Mind/Shift Blog January 6, 2012 Written by Tina Barseghian For Ebony Green, a career as a scientist might have seemed unlikely just last year. The stereotypical outcome for girls like Ebony, an eighth-grader at Frick Middle School in a … Continue reading
MindShift Blog January 6, 2012 Written By Tina Barseghian For Ebony Green, a career as a scientist might have seemed unlikely just last year. The stereotypical outcome for girls like Ebony, an eighth-grader at Frick Middle School in a rough … Continue reading
Originally Aired November 17, 2011 Albany, N.Y. currently reports a high school graduation rate of only 47 percent, and some other communities in the region are also struggling to see many of their students through to graduation. Elaine Houston moderates … Continue reading
Report aired November 8, 2011 Over the next 18 months, the NewsHour is joining with other public media to examine consequences and solutions. The series is called the American Graduate Project. More than 100 teachers were invited to a town … Continue reading