American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Even Odds: Fighting the odds for Oakland's young black males
- KQED American Graduate Education Town Hall
- Oakland Local: Education Voices: Safe routes to schools are elusive in Oakland
- 100 Black Men Community School of the Bay Area
- New Initiative Aims to Double Percentage of Oakland Youth Reading on Grade Level by the End of Third Grade by 2020
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
- Justice for Raheim Brown Jr.: He is one of the worst people in the world. To see what Oakland Unified Board Members...
- Vikash V Jain: I think something has to be done to get the suspensions less. Please do revert back if i can help in...
- Bianca: Thanks so much for blogging about SMASH Yo Ann!
- Budget Graduation: Great opportunity to the graduates student who want enter in field of film. the competition...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: Town Hall
KQED takes a deeper look into the Teacher Town Hall event held at Laney College on March 13, 2012. Watch this video and learn more about the impact that teachers have on their students success. YouTube Produced by Joanne Elgart … Continue reading
Teacher evaluations — And Surveys of Students and Colleagues Posted on April 25, 2012 Written by: Dave Orphal In my last post, I offered an overview of a proposed teacher evaluation system that two Oakland schools are piloting. The proposed … Continue reading
KDOL production made possible with funds from the City of Oakland KDOL Video Production Producer: Mario Capitelli Director: David Castaneda Cameras: Mario Capitelli Grip: Juan Lopez-Rivera Graphics: David Castaneda Post Production: David Castaneda
View our Teacher Town Hall event pictures on Flickr. and also view the “Thank a Teacher” photo series from our colleagues at StoryCorps.
Forum Live in Oakland March 22 http://www.twitvid.com/L2JHE
Storify March 13, 2012 Written by Ian Hill That’s a question KQED is asking as part of the American Graduate, an innovative new program designed to combat the dropout crisis. This question was posted at Spotify before the event, follow … Continue reading
Storify March 13, 2012 Written By Ian Hill Young people throughout our country are dropping out of school in high numbers. On March 13 KQED hosted a town hall meeting at Laney College in Oakland with teachers, students and others … Continue reading
EdSpace Blog March 14, 2012 Written by Matthew Green On March 13, teachers, education advocates, and a number of students filled the theater at Laney College in Oakland to address the problem, ask important questions, and share thoughts on how … Continue reading
Watch Live! KQED Invites you to watch the Teacher Town Hall March 13, 2012 from 5:40-8:00pm Free live streaming by Ustream Free live streaming by Ustream
New York Times Written By Tamar Lewis March 6, 2012 Black students, especially boys, face much harsher discipline in public schools than other students, according to new data from the Department of Education. Although black students made up only 18 … Continue reading