American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- Mind/Shift: Why Teachers Should Be Trained Like Actors
- Mind/Shift: For Students, the Importance of Doing Work That Matters
- Mind/Shift: Struggle Means Learning: Difference in Eastern and Western Cultures
- Mind/Shift: Beyon Worksheets, A True Expression of Student Learning
- Mind/Shift: No Courses, No Classrooms, No Grades-- Just Learning
- tips on saving money dzas: Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running...
- Alpha Genix Reviews: It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this...
- hitter training: Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the...
- ronnie montano products: amazing article you got here, thanks a ton for sharing it!
- A Parent: Chavis has basicly taken the Catholic school model without the kindness and spritual values and applied it...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez
Category Archives: Events
Thursday, September 12, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT) Oakland,CA Get Tickets KQED, 100 Black Men of the BayAreaCommunitySchool, OaklandUnifiedSchool Districtand OUSD Office of African American Male Achievement invite you to join us on Thursday, September … Continue reading
November 28, 2012 By Katy Murphy Gritty City Rep opened in January, and its executive artistic director, Lindsay Krumbein, says it’s the first stand-alone youth theater company in Oakland. The group rehearses six hours a week in downtown Oakland. Its … Continue reading
On September 13, 2012 The Oakland Youth Friendly Business Awards(OYFBA) recognized and honored businesses that have gotten involved in helping our young people find jobs and internships in Oakland. KQED, Oakland’s America’s Promise Alliance, Inner City Advisors, the Jonas Family … Continue reading
On the steps of Oakland City Hall on August 18 for the Attend and Achieve Back-to-School Rally 2012 — in partnership with the Oakland Natives Give Back, the Oakland Unified School District and the City of Oakland’s Office of the … Continue reading
San Francisco Chronicle August 23, 2012 Written by: Jill Tucker The vast majority of the class of 2012 – 95 percent of the state’s 450,000 seniors – passed the California High School Exit Exam by graduation day, an all-time-high pass … Continue reading
BAVC Blog August 14, 2012 Written by: Chris Runde Since March of this year, musicians and filmmakers in BAVC’s Next Gen youth programs have been contributing to a nationwide project focusing on the high school dropout crisis in the United … Continue reading
KQED takes a deeper look into the Teacher Town Hall event held at Laney College on March 13, 2012. Watch this video and learn more about the impact that teachers have on their students success. YouTube Produced by Joanne Elgart … Continue reading
There is a growing consensus among economists and world leaders that girls’ education is the single most effective tool for fighting poverty in developing countries. While not a panacea, education yields enormous benefits for girls, their families, and society, including … Continue reading