In rebuilding our public schools, education policy expert David Kirp says we should stick to what works, like quality early-childhood education and creating word-rich curriculums. In other words, avoid getting carried away by quick fixes and the latest trends. His new book, "Improbable Scholars," tells the success story of Union City, New Jersey, and argues that all our public schools can benefit from what was learned there.
David L. Kirp, James D. Marver Professor of Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy at UC Berkeley, member of President Obama's 2008 education policy transition team, and author of "Improbable Scholars: The Rebirth of a Great American School System and a Strategy for America's Schools"
American Graduate Videos on Youtube
Search This Blog
About American Graduate
American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media’s long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
For more information about the national project go to American Graduate, Let's Make It Happen.
- best supplements for men: That is really fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled blogger. I’ve joined...
- dj naples: Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next write...
- minecraft hosts: I am truly thankful to the holder of this web site who has shared this fantastic post at here.
- Alpha Genix Reviews: It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this...
- hitter training: Hello mates, its fantastic piece of writing concerning tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the...
Blogger: Yo Ann Martinez