Originally aired August 31, 2012
A state bill overhauling teacher evaluations, which was set to be voted on by the Legislature today, has been withdrawn. AB-5 would have made test scores optional in assessing teachers. We'll discuss the controversy the bill has stirred up in Sacramento, and the broader issue of teacher evaluations.
- Eric Heins, vice president of the California Teacher's Association
- Gary Ravani, vice president of the California Federation of Teachers, president of the Early Childhood/K-12 Council for the California Federation of Teachers and a classroom teacher for 35 years
- Jill Tucker, education writer for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Jill Wynns, president of the California School Boards Association and former commissioner of the San Francisco Board of Education
- Tim Melton, vice president of legislative affairs for Students First, a bipartisan grassroots organization focusing on education